At the end of my book Love From Heaven, I share with you a 7-day path to loving yourself from the angels. If only we could release a little more of the love we have locked away inside of us we would be much happier, less judgmental, and feel much more fulfilled. Our lives and those of people around us would be transformed.
This month, I want to share one of the exercises from this 7-day path with you to help you choose to love yourself more. This might sound weird to a lot of people, but loving yourself more is your choice. You are pure love and you can choose whether or not you are going to let this love out. The angel with no name has told me that each and every one of us has this choice.
To help you to do so, here is a short and powerful exercise: The Treasure Chest Visualisation (5-10 minutes).
Here is what the angels are asking you to do:
- Find a quiet place and sit down. Feel free to close your eyes if you wish.
- Picture a big, old-fashioned key in your hand. Imagine what it looks like, how heavy it feels, how cold – or warm – it is. Really feel it in your hands.
- Now imagine a big old-fashioned treasure chest containing something really precious. It is something really precious, something priceless: it contains the love you have locked away.
- You have the key to unlock this love in your hand. Think about it, and remind yourself that you are pure love.
- Make the decision that you are going to open this chest. Take your time – make a really conscious decision that you are going to choose to release the love that you have locked away. Remind yourself that it is now all right to let your love out; it is safe to let your love out.
- When you have made this choice, see yourself reaching over with the key in your hand. See yourself putting the key into the lock. Then slowly turn the key. Hear the click of the lock. Then open the chest – do it slowly so you can really appreciate what you are doing – and realise that you have made the choice to release the pure love that has been locked away inside of you.
- If you find this exercise challenging or too emotional, you can ask your guardian angel to help you open the chest. You can also put it aside for now, and come back to it again. Remember it is OK to feel emotions other than love. When you stir up love, you are stirring up other emotions and sometimes they are painful. But each time you do this visualisation, the hurt will get diluted until eventually you will be able to open the lock and release your love.
Love and blessings,