This statement sets out how Lorna Byrne’s website uses and protect any information that you give us when you use these websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. All the information provided by you will be treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, and you should check this page as you reuse these websites to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What information we collect
We may collect certain information when you use this website as part of our Prayer Scroll procedure
Information collected and retained by us will include:
- Your name, date of birth and contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Details you provide when contacting us with enquiries;
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website;
- ID verification details obtained as part of our order processing;
- Personal Information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks;
- Personal Information that you provide are strictly managed by our organization and are not given to third parties;
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and in particular for the following reasons:
- So that we can process your requests of prayers or donations, and for ongoing customer service;
- Internal record keeping for regulatory and accounting purposes;
- We may periodically send emails about new events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email or postal address which you have provided.
- Supply you with advertising that is relevant to you when you visit our website or other external websites / platforms through the useof retargeting cookies.
We may also disclose your personal information
Where we use authorised subcontractors or service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as storage of goods, we may need to share limited information in order that they can perform their services. In these circumstances we will restrict any information that is shared and ensure that they do not share or use this information for any other purpose;
Where we have a legal obligation or in order to prevent or detect criminal activity we may share details with regulators, law enforcement, private investigators or other government agencies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, however we cannot guarantee the safety of any information you provide online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us on email@example.com